How to Train Your Dog to Wear Crochet Snoods?
Big floppy ears and long fluffy hair are what make your dog unique and adorable. But with these cute traits, real problems can also arise. Chunks of food can get matted in to your dog’s long hair, and long ears often get in the way while your dog tries to eat. It may sound funny at first, but experienced dog owners know that combing out bits of food and cleaning your dog’s ears after every meal can become a very tiresome chore.
Enter Crochet Snoods
A “snood” is a clever piece of knit headgear for your dog that can keep your dog clean while he eats dinner. Until a few years ago, “snoods” weren’t even known as a dog accessory, and were only worn by women using them to hold their hair back (like a bandana). Nowadays, snoods have become the latest fashion trend for our furry friends, and dog owners everywhere are obsessed!
A snood isn’t quite a dog hat, bandana, or a scarf. It’s a super-cute accessory that keeps your dog warm, comfortable, and clean while she runs around on her daily adventures. Not only do snoods serve a functional purpose, they’re also great fun, and impossibly cute!
You will love our newly designed Zoo Snood creations, but your puppy may need a little training to get used to her new clothing. Have no fear though, we have some advice to make sure your pup loves wearing her new Zoo Snood as much as you do!
How to Train Your Dog to Wear Crochet Snoods
While a lot of dogs happily play dress-up, and are quite content to wear a Zoo Snood right from the get-go, especially when it’s cold outside, occasionally there’s a dog that doesn’t always like wearing his new Zoo Snood right away. Luckily, you can train your pooch to put on hersnood in just a few sessions, and the whole training session can be fun if you follow these instructions:
- Gather/bunch up the snood like a sock, making it easy to place it over your dog’s snout first.
- Show your dog a treat through the snood.
- Place the treat on the floor in-between the snood and your dog.
- Cover the treat with a snood from a distance so your dog can’t reach it without inserting her head into the snood.
- Once your dog comes forward and starts eating, gently unfold the snood over its head.
- Hold the snood onto her head while your dog eats.
- Then let your dog remove the snood if it’s uncomfortable.
- Repeat steps 1–7 for a few days.
- Once your dog gets used to the idea of having something on its head, it may even start loving its Zoo Snood! We’ve found that when dogs wear Zoo Snoods, they get a big increase in extra attention, pets, scratches, belly rubs, and treats! And who wouldn’t love that?!?
Snoods are an essential dog accessory, worn by dogs of all shapes, sizes, and breeds. Our dog snoods are handmade with soft acrylic yarn, and come in a variety of adorably unique designs. If you have a large custom order, we will be happy to accommodate your request. Consider contacting us at email@example.com.